Ernesto makes landfall near Mahahual Mexico area as an 85mph hurricane.
Belize Radar at 10:30 CDT
Currently Ernesto is located at 18.7 North 87.7 West or over the northern Banco Chinchorro Islands Mexico and has sustained winds of 85 MPH with Higher Gusts, moving West at 15 MPH and this direction of travel is expected to continue overnight with a turn toward the West-Northwest Wednesday. The central Pressure is 980 MB or 28.94 inches. Ernesto is about 40 Miles EAST of Chetumal Mexico. Hurricane Force winds extend outward up to 35 miles from Ernesto’s center and Tropical Storm Winds extend outward up to 175 miles from the center.
WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT…
A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR…
* CHETUMAL TO TULUM ON THE EAST COAST OF THE YUCATAN PENINSULA
* COAST OF BELIZE FROM BELIZE CITY NORTHWARD TO THE BORDER OF MEXICO
A HURRICANE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR…
* BARRA DE NAUTLA TO PUNTA EL LAGARTO MEXICO
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR…
* NORTH OF TULUM TO CABO CATOCHE ON THE EAST COAST OF THE YUCATAN PENINSULA
* SOUTH OF BELIZE CITY SOUTHWARD TO THE BORDER OF GUATEMALA
* CELESTUN SOUTHWARD AND WESTWARD TO CHILITEPEC ALONG THE GULF COAST OF MEXICO.
A TROPICAL STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR…
* NORTH OF BARRA DE NAUTLA TO TUXPAN MEXICO
Huracan ERNESTO Aviso Publico http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/SJUTCPAT5+shtml/080312.shtml
Be sure and check the Tropical Weather Page for more Information and Graphics.
Active Tropical Systems – Tropical Storm Ernesto